Phishing - One of the most common threats on the web. More information about this crime can be found here (link to article). How can you protect yourself from phishing?
- Use modern browsers. The latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari have built-in phishing filters. When you visit a dangerous website, Map browser will warn the user.
- Use the web-mail service with protection against phishing. Some services, such as Gmail, now warn users about the spoofed source address of the sender.
- Use advanced anti-virus programs. Many blacklists contain a number of dangerous sites. When you try to visit a phishing site, your anti-virus will warn the user of impending danger.
- After receiving an email with the requirement to specify personal data (logins and passwords), or with the requirement to click a link, treat it with caution. If the letter raises concerns, do not click on the links - enter it manually into your browser.
- Watch the links. Do they have any typos?
- If you receive a letter from the company or organization with which the earlier cases did not have - delete the message.
- If you use e-mail clients (ie Outlook Express), install and configure spam filters.